jackson

Rate the last movie you watched

justLiz

Open House (2018) 5/10

this is getting bad reviews from what i've seen, so i must be the only one to like it. lol.

it's suspenseful, great atmosphere, great setting. only down  (i think ) is the fact that the main casts are taking the whole unsuspecting victims a bit too far (downright dumb at some point). as for the ending , it leaves you hanging...probably looking for a sequel? no idea, but all in all i liked this movie.

• Like 1

Bukcherry

The Last Jedi {2017)

star-wars-last-jedi-international-poster

I saw a decent copy of this and am really looking forward to a BluRay . These movies seem to get better and better for me and if you compare just pure entertainment with something like Bladerunner 2049 they are just in different galaxies , The Last Jedi just brings it , better than the Force Awakens which was pretty damn good . Adam Driver really makes this movie as Kylo Ren son of Han Solo and portrays one of the best movie bad guys coming close to Vader , the man looks in turmoil and broken and he plays it perfectly , the scene when they unload on Skywalker is stunning and so over the top . 

It's all beautiful. 9.7 / 10 . 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/

• Like 2

rotor

Drive (2011) (Re-review)

Apart from the soundtrack (which Ive loved since day one) I hated this movie. I dont remember what I gave it, but I cant imagine it was more than a 5. Ive since rewatched it and my mind has completely changed. This kinda blows me away because nobody told me to rewatch it, nothing changed and I have never changed my mind on a movie so much.

Ryan Gosling puts no charisma out to the camera. Hes a bowl of vanilla ice cream. But in some movies that just works. I guess I was expecting an action movie, or a strong charismatic lead....I dont know but the second time around it feels like I saw it with fresh eyes and I liked it a lot. Theres a lot of subtlety I didnt recognize before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

justLiz

John Q (2002) 9/10.

i'm really biased where Denzel Washington is concerned. but still, noone plays vulnerability and humility from a man's perspective the way he does. there's a very humane approach to his acting that i don't think i've seen in many actors or haven't recognized it. (unless of course it's some kind of action movie where acting is secondary to the special effects and action scenes).

all in all a great film, i think.

• Like 1

MesoHappy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nietzsche

the snowman - 17

harry hole

1313/131313

• Like 1

Bukcherry

Only the Brave . 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3829920/

Utter shit just the usual American predicable macho nonsense , no redeeming parts and just turned it off . 2 / 10 

The Post 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6294822/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Utter shit , apparently an all star cast , Meryl Streep is not that good , the story is not that good and I turned that off too . 2 / 10 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

mr. whiskers

I was expecting much more for The Post.... but i would not go as low as 2 out of 10...I'd give it a 4. I think Tom Hanks is running out of character portrayal styles.... and Merryl seemed like she had a few valiums now and then in the film. I wanted more from the  side of the document leakers

• Like 1

mr. whiskers

The Ritual (2017)

Good cinematography, very nice mountain, meadow, forest scenes. At a certain point in venture logic dictates it would be grounds to reverse direction and cancel the trip. The main premise of the movie-face your god damn fears with ferocity at all costs. 6/10

Edited by mr. whiskers
  • Like 1

justLiz

The Orphanage 6/10. spanish movie produced by Benicio Del Toro. more suspense than actual horror. very slow building so one's got to be patient through more than half of the movie. second half is where it becomes interesting , with great atmosphere.

the film is pretty close to The Others, in general feeling, setting and even plot (up to some point).

all in all it's worth a watch but i wouldn't give it that high of a rating like on imdb.

• Like 2