Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jump to content
Aceron

New to Vaping

Aceron

One too many mornings of waking up with lung butter from smoking.  So last night I broke down and ordered my first E-cig Vaporizer products.

From Fastech: 

Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC tank

EARL 2200mAh VV VW Mod

and 5 replacement coils

From Mister-E-Liquid.com:

Tobacco sampler 4 X 4ml bottles of 9mg sampler liquids

House Select Sampler 5X 4ml bottles of 9mg sampler liquids

Pluto, VapeNectar, Saturn, Berry-A-Peelin', Apple Strudel flavors

Someone mentioned to not buy the e-liquids from Fasttech due to overseas tobacco regulations it supposedly delays the orders by a LOT.  I will find out if that matters.  I liked the idea of smaller sampler bottles and flavors since I am new to all of this and have no idea if I will like the flavors or the tobbacco like products.  Now, I just have to wait.  I'll give you my impressions when the stuff gets here in a week or so.

Cheers!

• Like 1

shipwreckglue

Im Guessing this is now a dead forum but i just wanted to say after smoking tabs (cigerettes) for 35+ years and only in the last 8 weeks or so, started vaping because i didn't have the cash to get enough tobacco to see me through to my next pay check, that i decided to spend my last tenner (£10 english pounds) on an 88vape pen to see me through.  in that time, i bought one pack of 20 tabs because i was counting on buying some weed and needed to mix it with something,. and in that time ive smoked 4 or 5 of those tabs as tabs and the rest as mixers for joints.  I was previously smoking 10+ tabs a day and it was a stuggle to only smoke that (i would smoke 15+ if i had the cash).  My mother gave me some cash for xmas and i treat myself to a smok devilkin 225w TC

vape.jpg

My query is that i only use my crappy vape pen instead of the above machine as my main source of nicotine because i only recently found out the difference between straight to lung and the mouth to lung types of smoking.  (for years i would try to inhale cigars like i would smoke a tab/joint) and cough my guts out.  With this machine, it makes me inhale straight to lung and i don't get the same nic hit that i would normally get from the pen or tabs.  the machine also seems to prickle the roof of my mouth (like eating a lemon or something).  i heard i had to change the burner part (sorry i don't know the term) every 2 weeks or so but i only have about 30 tokes a day from it so would barely be coming up to the time to change (im guessing) (puff setting says 999 tokes).  the pipe doesn't taste bad but the prickles and the heat puts me off using it.  i was thinking of changing the end of it to the smaller version (like the 88vape pen) but don't want to spend the cash if i get the same shit from it.  My settings are 60.0W WATT (W) puff setting never.

Has anyone got any ideas how to help me make it more usable? or tell me where im going wrong (my pipe is the same as the above pic but has a larger tank)

• Like 3

Phenom
On 12/25/2019 at 5:22 PM, shipwreckglue said:

i only recently found out the difference between straight to lung and the mouth to lung types of smoking.  (for years i would try to inhale cigars like i would smoke a tab/joint) and cough my guts out.

I was the same, didn't know about straight to lung or mouth to lung, so I brought the first kit I fancied, a vaporesso luxe;

gIRpdtx.jpg

Which is straight to lung, which I couldn't use without coughing my lungs up no matter what settings I used and was basically useless for what I needed, a replacement for cigarettes. I didn't want to make massive clouds just wanted to be able to pull on it like a cigarette.

Option 1

So after many hours watching youtube vids, I found out that different coils give me different pulls, which improved the problem;

3SrW0bD.jpg

I found the smaller the hole in the coil the tighter the pull, you can see that the SK CCell has the smaller hole but it still made me cough (not so much), so I decided to do more research.

Option 2

So I then found out that I needed to try a different tank (top part) and a different nozzle (drip tip) because the tank that came with the mod (bottom part) was just for straight to lung and the nozzle was massive so I needed a mouth to lung tank and a smaller nozzle (drip tip);

7NInBq8.jpg

As you can see this tank has smaller vent holes at the bottom and a smaller nozzle (drip tip) which gives you a tighter pull, just like a cigarette.

This is what I did to solve my problem and it works fine, no more coughing and the tank cost about £20 off ebay also you can build your own coil (coil included) with cotton wool which will save you cash!

Things to remember if changing tanks;

Make sure the tank you are considering is compatible with your mod, e.g thread size, size of tank (don't want overhang), mouth to lung tank, also youtube the tank for reviews.

Also you could google the make of your mod for compatible mouth to lung tanks? 

i heard i had to change the burner part (sorry i don't know the term) every 2 weeks or so but i only have about 30 tokes a day from it so would barely be coming up to the time to change (im guessing) (puff setting says 999 tokes).

Lol, coils, change when you get a burning taste, all coils vary and how much you use them.

the pipe doesn't taste bad but the prickles and the heat puts me off using it.

The heat issue is caused either by your settings are to high for your coils or chain smoking, not sure about the prickles, you could try a different vape juice?

My settings are 60.0W WATT

Mine is at 45 watts but I set mine to my coils, you could try upping and downing settings to see which is best for you?

Hope this helped you out shipwreckglue and thanks for all the links! 

• Like 2

Traceydeadhead

The prickles are when your nicotine is too high..at least it was for me when i smoked a vape. If the nicotine was higher than 6mg it was prickle hell. I used one for 6 months to quit smoking cigs and have not smoked for 3 years. My weed goes straight in a bong or pipe..no mixing with tobacco (which i never did anyway) :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

whiskers

I have tried tobacco with hash and with weed and with weed oil...... I don't like any of it. Why the hell fuck with a good thing. :morning:

• Haha 1

babalon

I've had a Sai atomizer for over a year and have never even used it. Mainly because I have nothing to use in it, but also because I am old fashioned. It's still in the packaging, even.

• Haha 1

whiskers

honestly vaping leaves a gag oil film in my throat even from just from second hand in the back seat of a car. For the whole fuckin day !

• Like 1