Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
phornio

Trouble using proxy sites lately

phornio

As well as frequenting this wonderful board I occasionally use some others. Now I know that these sites are often blocked which is why I use somewhere like Proxyportal for a list of mirrors. But over the last couple of days I'm getting the error Secure Connection Failed on all mirrors and I just can't get through using Firefox or Chrome (the latter just says 'unable to connect to this website'.

This doesn't look like the normal blocking by my isp, which puts up a court notice. I can still connect to all the sites using the Tor browser but I'm just curious as to what's going on.

JFTR this is the complete message:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to ********.unblocked.stream. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Traceydeadhead

phornio

Thanks, Tracey, I'll give it a try. I'm using a workaround at present by finding the movie or show via Tor, copying the url, then going back to FF to d/l. (Tor is too slow for downloading.)

• Like 1

Traceydeadhead

Thanks, Tracey, I'll give it a try. I'm using a workaround at present by finding the movie or show via Tor, copying the url, then going back to FF to d/l. (Tor is too slow for downloading.)

No worries...do you use a browser proxy like Browsec or Zenmate?

phornio

No, I use the Tor Onion Browser, it gives more security than browser addons.

• Like 1

Traceydeadhead

No, I use the Tor Onion Browser, it gives more security than browser addons.

Oh okay...i thought you meant you only used Tor now and again...it is a bit slow to dl from :( i only use it occasionally to buy `good stuff` from  :)

Edited by Traceydeadhead

ProfN

I just started getting a funky security certificate problem using ZenMate. Anyone else having an issue, or is it just deciding to make my life difficult?

Muntic0re

I suggest to try Tor and VPN. I have read an article https://myipservices.com on this issue. It will prevent blocking your IP + you can safely browse the Web.