Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jump to content
Balor

Turning off windows 10 keylogger option is missing

Balor

I searched online and I can't find a single link that talks about this. By default Windows 10 logs all your keystrokes and sends them to Microsoft. In the general settings there is an option to turn off " Turn off Send Microsoft info about how I write to help us improve typing and writing in the future. "

http://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-turn-off-the-windows-10-keylogger-thats-enabled-by-default

That article goes over in detail where to go and how to turn it off. Yet this is what I see when I go there.

rZqzmN3.jpg

Does anyone have an idea why I can't see this option?

• Like 2

rotor

Have you tried this? Under PC Settings\ Privacy\ the first tab is General. The third option down (for me anyway) is the one youre looking for.

If it's not, it could be your version or update revision of Windows that making it different. There are 3rd party programs that will cut off all reporting from Win10 with the click of a button. Most of these are written by semi-professional coders at best so use with a bit of caution. I dont remember off the top of my head the names of the programs I saw but a quick search for something with keywords like windows reporting disable program, or windows 10 security manager etc should help you out.

Sorry I couldnt reply with a more definitive answer.....

Edited by rotor
  • Like 3

Bukcherry

Mine is the same as in the article , but my feeling would be if there is no option to turn it off then it isn't on . That would seem logical wouldn't it Gaylor ? 

Edited by Bukcherry
  • Like 3

Traceydeadhead

Yeah mine is the same as Buks too it must be which version you have or updates like rotor said.

I have everything turned off anyway but can`t you click on speech,inking and typing and turn it off? that might do it..or just turn it all off so they can`t spy on you.

I just found this

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-disable-hidden-keylogger-in-windows-10-3639643/

• Like 4

rotor

I tend to think if I cant see the option, it's on. But then again I almost always dont worry about it. Apple is gathering more data than that and have never given anyone any option. In the end, theyre taking in too much info to ever look at any of us. I think theyre doing exactly what they say theyre doing (improving Cortana etc) but I also think this is just the stuff the NSA wants, but obviously more for bad guys and world leaders and the like. It's always struck me as pretty egotistical to think theyre after any of us little fish. Plus you gotta ask yourself, do you trust that switch? Do you think youve turned it off? All that being said, at some point I still do end up shutting down as much as I can.

WAIT! I just thought of youre new name Buckcherry. Chuckberry!

Edited by rotor
Chuckberry revelation
  • Like 4

Bukcherry

I'm thinking Jim's neck must be getting sore keep turning round to check out our palindrome pal RotoR sitting around in his cut off camo t shirt and crotchless edible panties , tight from looking at too many pictures of Jim .....:59:  

Err yea I bet if you are planning a terror attack , turning that little switch that does nothing will not likely make much difference as to when they kick your door in . 

Edited by Bukcherry
  • Like 2

Traceydeadhead
2 hours ago, Bukcherry said:

I'm thinking Jim's neck must be getting sore keep turning round to check out our palindrome pal RotoR sitting around in his cut off camo t shirt and crotchless edible panties , tight from looking at too many pictures of Jim .....:59:  

Err yea I bet if you are planning a terror attack , turning that little switch that does nothing will not likely make much difference as to when they kick your door in . 

Crotchless edible panties? great now i can never unsee the vision :58f82c3431b0e_ahhh20run:

• Like 2

rotor

I heard about fur lined cod pieces when I was young. I immediately wanted a cod lined fur piece. Deal with that one.

• Like 2

Traceydeadhead

:58f82c3431b0e_ahhh20run:

• Like 1

frukit

this is how mine looks.

1SpTac7.png

I have absolutely everything on "off"

• Like 2

frukit

I saw this about a year ago. I did not have 10 at that time. 

• Like 2

Bukcherry
18 hours ago, rotor said:

I heard about fur lined cod pieces when I was young. I immediately wanted a cod lined fur piece. Deal with that one.

I've got fur in my cod piece , I think it may be mold . 

• Like 1

Balor

Ya I only updated it to windows 10 on Saturday so maybe its something in the latest updates. I did turn off most privacy settings during the setup so that might be why its not showing. Strange though what about people that want to turn it on. Its not like Microsoft to not give a user the chance to share their private info with them.

• Like 1