Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shanklin1409

[Resolved] (SOLVED) Movies onto iPad

shanklin1409

So yeah I bought an iPad for my granddaughter and I would like to know how do I actually put movies on it ? Would I have to convert them ? Do I have to use iTunes to transfer movies to the iPad ? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ps: I'm new to the iPad malarkey so please go slowly so I can try to understand ?

Edited by shanklin1409

TOtom

I use an iPad Air 2 all the time . You cannot directly download anything to the iPad really , u need to use app,s or jailbreak it .

i use booby hd so I don't have to jailbreak .

you can download movies and shit in the app and watch them offline . 

http://www.tutuapp.vip/index.php?r=overseaTutu/mobileTutu&lang=

Go there and download the free version make sure u click it at the top . 

You have to be on the iPad using safari and follow the instructions.

once u have tutu on your iPad open it up and download a couple movie apps and find what u like .

tutu has a ton of cool apps I use it for UFC++ fight pass ;) all fights free live .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Merciless
15 hours ago, shanklin1409 said:

So yeah I bought an iPad for my granddaughter and I would like to know how do I actually put movies on it ? Would I have to convert them ? Do I have to use iTunes to transfer movies to the iPad ? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ps: I'm new to the iPad malarkey so please go slowly so I can try to understand ?

iShit :dry:... From the little experience I have they are a hassle, should've probable just got tablet with Android instead :tongue:

Think for convenience, most people  would just use a app as TOtom suggests.

From what I've read Itunes software doesn't have a inbuilt video converter,  So instead use Handbrake (presume you've used it before?) and these are the limitations iPad 3, 4 & Mini (copied from MeGUI):  --level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --vbv-maxrate 62500. Not a fan of Handbrake but it is quick and  fairly easy....

Disable ALL filters (Resize, Denoise, Deinterlace, etc.), Select the RF (CRF, Start around 22 (File too large? Quality too low? ±3)) and Level (4.1) , then copy and paste one of the following presets into the x264 encoder options box (or might be 'additional options' ?:dontknow:). Also needs to be in a MP4 container and if possible (has to be Stereo / 2.0) just mux the original audio into the output (Passthru :shakinghead-1:) if it's MP3 or AAC (don't think I've ever seen H264/MP3 in a MP4 container? But it is supported and should work?), read DD 5.1 is also supported. If you have to convert the audio, select AAC-LC (AAC avcodec, I think?) at 160Kb (Irrelevant info: OPUS seems to be very uncommonly used audio codec, not sure why? On Wiki and test results on other sites it indicates the quality is better than other lossy audio codecs, e.g. AAC, MP3, etc.).

L2:  bframes=4:b-adapt=2:ref=4:rc-lookahead=60:direct=auto:trellis=2:psy-rd=1.00,0.20:no-dct-decimate=1:no-fast-pskip=1:vbv-bufsize=78125:vbv-maxrate=62500

Default Slow:  bframes=3:b-adapt=2:ref=5:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:direct=auto:subq=8:vbv-bufsize=78125:vbv-maxrate=62500

:smokez:

Edited by Merciless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

shanklin1409

@TOtom  thank you for the info mate :)

@Merciless  mate i was very reluctent to even buy the stupid ipad in the first place, taking into account what you said i've decided to take it back for a refund

and go and buy a galaxy tablet, one of my daughters has a tablet and i purchased a connector that you can plug into the tablet and you can then connect a usb

stick straight to it and play the movies without any hassle or conversion.

Hn61wLW.jpg

thank you for your time :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

thelivingdead

Marking as Resolved, Thanks

The DF Team!