Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jump to content
rotor

Live Feed of Elon Musk's Roadster in Space

Recommended Posts

rotor

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neighborhoodie

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wibbley

There's a car in space. I think I'm tripping

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wibbley

I was tripping when I saw this one  

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rotor
2 hours ago, wibbley said:

There's a car in space. I think I'm tripping

wibbley! you rascal! where have you been? And that car is going to mars with Bowie songs on repeat. It is the future.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neighborhoodie

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neighborhoodie

27449864329_d2424bc280_o.0.jpg

Hey rotor, let's get a GoFundMe on the go and score that Telsa roadster before it's gone beyond Mars...but don't tell your buddy Mad Mike, k!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead

Every one of the news channels on cable stopped to cover this.

 

Freaking real life Tony Stark Elon Musk. :sly-1:

 

I wonder if they did any Pan rituals for this. :wink:

Edited by thelivingdead
correction ;)
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harrier

WHY ?............. What's the point?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead
2 hours ago, Harrier said:

WHY ?............. What's the point?

It's the thing that's going to take things to Mars soon. The Falcon Heavy is the first rocket that big go in to space and shoot shit into space and comeback with the same rockets. Yes they comeback using the same rockets now. Dude that's a big deal.

Edited by thelivingdead
correction ;)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
huntbch
1 minute ago, thelivingdead said:

It's the thing that's going to take things to Mars and soon. The Falcon Heavy is the first rocket that big go in to space and shoot shit into space and comeback with the same rockets. Yes they comeback using the same rockets now. Dude that's a big deal.

 

782.gif

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harrier
23 minutes ago, thelivingdead said:

It's the thing that's going to take things to Mars and soon. The Falcon Heavy is the first rocket that big go in to space and shoot shit into space and comeback with the same rockets. Yes they comeback using the same rockets now. Dude that's a big deal.

 

I totally understand the rocket etc......

My WHY was for the car.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead
1 hour ago, Harrier said:

 

I totally understand the rocket etc......

My WHY was for the car.

lol. Don't know, it's probably a crazy rich guy thing. He said this test is usually done with cement blocks or something.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neighborhoodie

bfr-spacex-rocket.jpg

 

Elon Musk's Idea for City-to-City Rockets: travel the world in a flash

 

 

 

Edited by neighborhoodie
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rotor
37 minutes ago, thelivingdead said:

lol. Don't know, it's probably a crazy rich guy thing. He said this test is usually done with cement blocks or something.

 

The car is the approximate size and weight to the manned package to be sent in the future. So they could have sent a big heavy slug, or......hey hes one of the most savvy business men ever......why not send one of his products! HUGE promotion for his other company! And it gained so much more public attention than a lump in place of the Mars package would have. Having a space man and Bowie's Life on Mars playing on repeat on the cars stereo (we'll have to take his word on that though), well that fired the public imagination big time.

I bet it was a bit if a playful middle finger to NASA as well.....See what we can do? Shit, we'll send my car playing rock and roll to Mars then the Sun!, and bring the boosters back to boot. Its brilliant. A real flourish of bravado. Not just 'ol dry space stuff the average Hulk Hogan luvin Merkin would care about. But they noticed this. Everyone is talking about this. And they should be.

 

I was watching the launch with a friend, and when the boosters landed in perfect unison i said out loud, 'It's the future". Amazing to watch. It felt a bit like what those watching Apollo live must have felt.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whiskers

Elon Musks Tesla Flying Through Space, with Earth in View

 

https://i.imgur.com/1jUVfPt.gifv

 

Edited by mr. whiskers
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bukcherry

 

I'm no fan of Mr Musk , I'm all in favor of space travel but using rockets will get us nowhere of any interest obviously as there is a fuel to distance boundary that cannot be crossed unless Mars throws up something new fuel wise , no one wants to live on Mars and if they do they haven't thought about it to any deep level , it's akin to the excitement of meeting aliens . Mr Musk is really interested not in helping mankind as he says but polluting other planets and obtaining whatever resources he can from planets like Mars for his own gain . 

 

Seeing a rocket land is pretty cool I'm just amazed no one has done it before . His car stunt is just that , publicity .....when someone can propel objects with anti gravity , gyroscopes,  singularities or even quantum engines then I would begin to get excited . If anyone thinks Nasa is behind the curve they are not having tested and worked on a few of these more interesting methods of space travel ...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rotor
7 hours ago, Bukcherry said:

 

I'm no fan of Mr Musk , I'm all in favor of space travel but using rockets will get us nowhere of any interest obviously as there is a fuel to distance boundary that cannot be crossed unless Mars throws up something new fuel wise , no one wants to live on Mars and if they do they haven't thought about it to any deep level , it's akin to the excitement of meeting aliens . Mr Musk is really interested not in helping mankind as he says but polluting other planets and obtaining whatever resources he can from planets like Mars for his own gain . 

 

Seeing a rocket land is pretty cool I'm just amazed no one has done it before . His car stunt is just that , publicity .....when someone can propel objects with anti gravity , gyroscopes,  singularities or even quantum engines then I would begin to get excited . If anyone thinks Nasa is behind the curve they are not having tested and worked on a few of these more interesting methods of space travel ...

 

Im surprised by how short sighted that is. Should be have not gone to the Moon because theres 'nothing' there? To this day be still see the benefits of that program. Same will go for Mars. Same is currently going for the ISS (theres 'nothing' there either).

North America would never have been discovered using that methodology. Although in that case its a matter of perspective as the Native peoples arent a big fan.

 

As far a engine technology goes, we cant stop because warp drives arent around. Things usually happen in logical progression. You dont go from fire to the wheel to bridge building. You do metallurgy in there somewhere too. So if we stop, engine technology stops and we go nowhere. The engine in the Falcon9 are a big advancement ever previous engines and we cant go from here to warp drives. We have to put the work in and not hope for miracles.

 

Then again you could be trolling.

 

Edited by rotor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bukcherry
27 minutes ago, rotor said:

 

Im surprised by how short sighted that is. Should be have not gone to the Moon because theres 'nothing' there? To this day be still see the benefits of that program. Same will go for Mars. Same is currently going for the ISS (theres 'nothing' there either).

North America would never have been discovered using that methodology. Although in that case its a matter of perspective as the Native peoples arent a big fan.

 

As far a engine technology goes, we cant stop because warp drives arent around. Things usually happen in logical progression. You dont go from fire to the wheel to bridge building. You do metallurgy in there somewhere too. So if we stop, engine technology stops and we go nowhere. The engine in the Falcon9 are a big advancement ever previous engines and we cant go from here to warp drives. We have to put the work in and not hope for miracles.

 

Then again you could be trolling.

 

 

 

They know what they want to do , get equipment to Mars and mine it . Musk is so close to being the richest guy in the solar system if he doesn't go broke first selling Tesla . I mean what else is there to this ? 

 

Selling flights to people that have $100m and give them free rein to do what they like on other planets ? I don't see it going much better than it has on Earth ....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neighborhoodie
3 hours ago, rotor said:

 

Then again you could be trolling.

 

 

...as in 'akin' to again and again?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldfart
On 2/7/2018 at 1:37 PM, rotor said:

I was watching the launch with a friend, and when the boosters landed in perfect unison i said out loud, 'It's the future". Amazing to watch. It felt a bit like what those watching Apollo live must have felt.

 

I watched the Apollo launches and remember watching the first man on the moon and listening to his words. It was on a rabbit eared B+W TV. Yes tinfoil on the ears was needed.

 

Methinks that with this amazing launch and the BFR only a year away we as a human race have progressed past the crawling stage and are now taking our first few wobbly steps to leaving this planet.

 

Thank you Mr Musk for your vision. No matter what your reasons are. :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead
On 2/8/2018 at 7:00 AM, Bukcherry said:

 

I'm no fan of Mr Musk , I'm all in favor of space travel but using rockets will get us nowhere of any interest obviously as there is a fuel to distance boundary that cannot be crossed unless Mars throws up something new fuel wise , no one wants to live on Mars and if they do they haven't thought about it to any deep level , it's akin to the excitement of meeting aliens . Mr Musk is really interested not in helping mankind as he says but polluting other planets and obtaining whatever resources he can from planets like Mars for his own gain . 

 

Seeing a rocket land is pretty cool I'm just amazed no one has done it before . His car stunt is just that , publicity .....when someone can propel objects with anti gravity , gyroscopes,  singularities or even quantum engines then I would begin to get excited . If anyone thinks Nasa is behind the curve they are not having tested and worked on a few of these more interesting methods of space travel ...

lol. Going to Mars has been a dream since the 1800s. GTFOH

Google Robert Goddard :biggrin:

 

 

I understand the earth needs work here. World peace and and the extradition of poverty and social classes...etc.  However that doesn't mean we can't get some communities going in space(I think its really dumb that humans are all one place just waiting for our doom. when we know we  could do something about it.)

 

 

 

 

 

One rocket failed coming back but this is still a major success because the payload was still deployed and it failed coming back to the landing platform, falling on it... well that's what it looks like.

 

The two side core rockets landing on the platform at the same time is still a important breakthrough though. I think that's a first. Not bad for its first launch. Elon Musk probably really did believe it was going blow up so it did extremely well.(I say the same thing when I fix things....and believe it too:whistler: ). It was a good day for science... and would be space explorers Buk. 

 

Go back to the UG with your nihilism Buk.:shakefist: .lol even rotor is happy about this.

 

 

 

Edited by thelivingdead
correction ;)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rotor

Well, I was...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whiskers

rotor that rabbit thingy sig  can be really terrifying the longer you look at it

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bukcherry
8 hours ago, thelivingdead said:

I understand the earth needs work here. World peace and and the extradition of poverty and social classes...etc.  However that doesn't mean we can't get some communities going in space(I think its really dumb that humans are all one place just waiting for our doom. when we know we  could do something about it.)

 

8 hours ago, thelivingdead said:

One rocket failed coming back but this is still a major success because the payload was still deployed and it failed coming back to the landing platform, falling on it... well that's what it looks like.

The two side core rockets landing on the platform at the same time is still a important breakthrough though. I think that's a first. Not bad for its first launch. Elon Musk probably really did believe it was going blow up so did extremely well.(I say the same thing when I fix things....and believe it too:whistler: ). It was a good day for science... and would be space explorers Buk. 

 

Go back to the UG with your nihilism Buk.:shakefist: .lol even rotor is happy about this.

 

There is a difference between being impressed by some big rockets and actually having a  tangible reason to be happy about this . There is also a difference between wanting to visit Mars and living there , I'm not sure what you're imagining past the novelty period of it , it will likely resemble something like Dubai , AC running 24/7 and zero natural beauty , the inability to walk outside without a suit . That's the reality . There will be mining on huge scales and that will be about it and everyone will be working for a small amount of companies that stake their claim now , much as they did during the oil boom in the US . 

 

The reason we are in a mess on Earth is because of exactly this type of behavior and Mr Musk's Tesla is not going to save us , it will likely not even save itself , my feeling if his SpaceX doesn't turn up something it will tank like his core rocket . We need to face up to reality , which goes beyond going "wow" at Musky's big rockets . They have been launching rockets for as long as I can remember and even getting crews back on shuttles successfully .

 

Science involves asking questions , not asking them or facing reality is the stuff of religion, we know that we are light years from habitable planets and rockets will not get us that far , when we can get near to habitable planets then time to get excited . Musk is not doing this so the Sci Fi fans can get their jollies he is a stone cold capitalist and he knows how to create opportunities to move his projects forward .:biggrin:

Edited by Bukcherry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neighborhoodie

 

The Best SpaceX Conspiracies About the Falcon Heavy Launch: motherboard

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neighborhoodie

starman2.gif

 

Elon Musk made history launching a car into space. Did he make art too? - the verge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timlikeen
On 2/6/2018 at 7:05 PM, wibbley said:

I was tripping when I saw this one  

 

:35:

On 2/8/2018 at 6:00 PM, oldfart said:

 

I watched the Apollo launches and remember watching the first man on the moon and listening to his words. It was on a rabbit eared B+W TV. Yes tinfoil on the ears was needed.

 

Methinks that with this amazing launch and the BFR only a year away we as a human race have progressed past the crawling stage and are now taking our first few wobbly steps to leaving this planet.

 

Thank you Mr Musk for your vision. No matter what your reasons are. :)

Me 2 Oldfart.

It was sweet to read this thread with no bickering and everyone all excited and shit,but then came Buk lmao.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bukcherry
28 minutes ago, Timlikeen said:

but then came Buk lmao.

Anti Semite . 

 

We're gonna be first up on Mars marking our territory . Grubbing and building . :biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead
On 2/9/2018 at 2:47 AM, Bukcherry said:

 

 

There is a difference between being impressed by some big rockets and actually having a  tangible reason to be happy about this . There is also a difference between wanting to visit Mars and living there , I'm not sure what you're imagining past the novelty period of it , it will likely resemble something like Dubai , AC running 24/7 and zero natural beauty , the inability to walk outside without a suit . That's the reality . There will be mining on huge scales and that will be about it and everyone will be working for a small amount of companies that stake their claim now , much as they did during the oil boom in the US . 

 

The reason we are in a mess on Earth is because of exactly this type of behavior and Mr Musk's Tesla is not going to save us , it will likely not even save itself , my feeling if his SpaceX doesn't turn up something it will tank like his core rocket . We need to face up to reality , which goes beyond going "wow" at Musky's big rockets . They have been launching rockets for as long as I can remember and even getting crews back on shuttles successfully .

 

Science involves asking questions , not asking them or facing reality is the stuff of religion, we know that we are light years from habitable planets and rockets will not get us that far , when we can get near to habitable planets then time to get excited . Musk is not doing this so the Sci Fi fans can get their jollies he is a stone cold capitalist and he knows how to create opportunities to move his projects forward .:biggrin:


We know. Gosh, they don't call it the final frontier for nothing. :wink:. Some people are willing to die for that dream though.(or die trying). Obviously these types of people are rare.

 

And FYI its always going to take stone cold capitalists that make these type of these things a reality(at lease here in the US. We pride ourselves on that). Who was contracted to make that cool Saturn V rocket and Space Shuttle. ... Boeing, IBM and Boeing and Lockheed ofrehh_th.gif

 

As for mining. That's a big if. If we find life, even if it's extremophiles, Mars will be left alone. This has long been established(space explorers have rules too bub ).

And honestly I think asteroids are far more profitable  :Colere_60:(just make sure its course is not going to a planet or the sun :) . Didn't the ESA touch down on one recently. (Well four years ago Nov 2014 but you know what I mean) I see autonomous miners in the future.)

 

While its cute to speculate of terraforming planets and deep space exploration, etc. None of that will come to true if we're too pessimistic to try to get networks of space habitats going (I mean what do you think the International Space Station is for. for the moon,mars etc ).  The technology developed there will help future missions and so on just like we do in ISS.

 

And buddy, SpaceX and the other crazy space companies aren't doing this crap alone. NASA kinda helped SpaceX with this.

One does not simply just use Cape Canaveral.:biggrin: It's still the Kennedy Space Center FFS. They didn't have to lease it to them. They leased the NASA launching platform in exchange for future mission support basically. Whether Elon Musk and anyone admits it or not, he's helping science progress fulfilling his selfish fantasies.(thats why I and others call him the real life Tony Stark)

 

Edited by thelivingdead
correction ;)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×