Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jump to content
joemell

Aspire Zelos charging port came out

joemell

Hopefully someone sees this as this area seems to have been quiet for a while.

The metal charging port in my Aspire Zelos 50w seems to have come out.  And every time I push it back in it comes out again.  I am always careful when charging my mod,but it happened anyways.  Does not seem to be a very common problem so maybe not a defect.  My go to vape shop contacted the manufacturer on my behalf, who said not covered under warranty.

I will attempt to take the mod apart and do the repair myself.  BUT I am pretty sure that the metal port was soldered in.  I have never soldered before so I was wondering if maybe thermal paste might be a viable alternative.

Thank you.

sthhlltt

man that sucks, you may want to test solder some small wires into some old chips or something small so that youll need a magnifying glass to see clearly, but honestly i suggest you buy a new mod, not to say you cant diy this, but it could potentially become a bomb, the idea of a bomb in your hand, and maybe next to your face is a bit of a put off for me.... talk to your vape store peeps and ask about clearances or sales,not sure about the aspire products, but 50w sounds fairly affordable, i dropped my sigelei kaos 1 week after i got it, top popped off, then 1 week ago dropped my smok g-priv1 with a touch screen,cracked the screen,and the ohm's are all over the place now as well as the week i got it the screen fell off and i had to super glue it back on, i am now using a usv mach on3 (one) sqonker, all said and done, $300 plus invested, and these are only the batt mods.... so this is most definitely a expensive hobby/habit.........