Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jump to content
mark8

Bug Report

sthhlltt

Having a hell of a job to align to centre when creating a new thread .. After i insert poster then imdb link the next line down aligns to the left every time despite pressing the align centre tab .. .

Another little trick that i use is i just add the center code

[center] <<<at the begining of the post, at the end of the post>>>[/center]

It automatically changes the post to centered when its posted or previewed.....

hope that helps ...

And on that note, i cannot get the sports to organize correctly, it always resets back to recently updated, even when i have remember filters checked?

WEREWOLF

Having a hell of a job to align to centre when creating a new thread .. After i insert poster then imdb link the next line down aligns to the left every time despite pressing the align centre tab .. .

Quoted text cannot be centered. Dunno why? Removing the quotes will make everything centered again.

Also why are the bbcode shortcuts greyed out in the alternate editing mode. Major inconvenience.

Admin edit: Agreed, it's defo an inconvenience. There is no way around the rich-text editor feature for this version of the IP.Board except the toggle one.

CovetedDragon

When in shoutbox (on mac os10/FF) I am getting spikes >40% of cpu.

Tonight another stated same (unknown system)

Anyone seeing same?

Admin edit: the patch seems to have sorted this. If you experience this again please let us know.

Thank you for the heads up. :)

CaFF

Quoted text cannot be centered. Dunno why? Removing the quotes will make everything centered again.

Also why are the bbcode shortcuts greyed out in the alternate editing mode. Major inconvenience.

You mean centered like this? Seems to work here

I believe the buttons are greyed out in the manual mode because it would make no sense to have them in that mode.

Edited by CaFF

DeathDealer

Yeah, what CaFF said, that's why it's manual. Can't have everything, sorry.

WEREWOLF

Thanks Caff. Figured out the centering bit. It seems another center tag has to used for the text within the quote. I used to just have one at the start and end to keep everything centered.

I don't use the auto mode because it duplicates every property of a text copied from the web. I just like a simple clean editing mode with a few shortcuts for linking under images. I know it's not a biggie to type a few codes, but I prefer the mouse only mode (once again, lazy). Anyway, I'm not gonna press on having this implemented. You guys are already do a great job as it is and I can deal with a few more finger movements.

CaFF

Just found this....

Using the advanced search > search for tags > select desired forum should work.

Only problem is, it doesn't seem to work...no results found for I know are valid tags. But, if you leave out the specific forum and search everything, then it works.

Odd since clicking on a tag does bring up similar items and it is using the same search module FAIK.

Here is the click on tag way that works

http://www.dailyflix.one/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=Sci-Fi&search_app=forums

Advanced Search w/o forum selection

http://www.dailyflix.one/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=Sci-Fi&search_app=forums

Exactly the same. But, try narrowing the search to say DivX Movies, then nothing comes up at all:

eVHJP.jpg

dXR31.jpg

Edited by CaFF

dragonarchmage

I am having a problem with the avatar...

It says 200 or larger but it keeps saying failed...

I have tried jpeg gif and still same trouble...

Thnks you for your time... :haha:

Thnks for the answer...

Edited by dragonarchmage

TextureDnB

Just found this....

Only problem is, it doesn't seem to work...no results found for I know are valid tags. But, if you leave out the specific forum and search everything, then it works.

Odd since clicking on a tag does bring up similar items and it is using the same search module FAIK.

http://www.dailyflix...arch_app=forums

Exactly the same. But, try narrowing the search to say DivX Movies, then nothing comes up at all:

eVHJP.jpg

dXR31.jpg

I think you may be running into ye olde empty forum bug. There are no tags in the Divx Movies forum, or very few. They are all in 2010 - 2011 or the other year range subforums.

TextureDnB

I am having a problem with the avatar...

It says 200 or larger but it keeps saying failed...

I have tried jpeg gif and still same trouble...

Thnks you for your time... :haha:

I think it is miswritten Dragon, (i know thats not a word but I like it.) it really should read 200px or smaller. I had to resize mine where the largest dimension was 200Px then it accepted it.

Good to see you by the way.

• Like 1

TextureDnB

Just found this....

eVHJP.jpg

dXR31.jpg

I have also notice that the multiple tags is set to "or" when it should be "and". With it like this Tag searches are basically useless becuse you cant specif movie or TV and a genre, nor divx or flash and a genre.

Really to make them effective we would need both of these parameter to work correctly, so we could narrow to a particular forum and then combine tags.

Admin edit: Sorted this by adding TV to the end of the TV forum tags. (thank you LiLGremlin for the suggestion)

CaFF

I think it is miswritten Dragon, (i know thats not a word but I like it.) it really should read 200px or smaller. I had to resize mine where the largest dimension was 200Px then it accepted it.

OK, then explain why this doesn't get accepted...I see people with larger ones.

1ghhW.gif

140 x 135 pixels @ 8 bits per pixel animated in 10 frames, 75 KB (76,261 bytes) - rejected.

But when I checked using a 50x50x 6KB animated GIF, it worked. Whaaa?!

I don't want to unleash multi-megabyte animated avatar hell, but having reasonable standards would be nice since I'm suppose to create Avatars for people and it sounds silly to say I don't know the specs. ;)

IMO, somewhere under 200px on the largest side and somewhere under 80KB in filesize should be acceptable regardless of whether animated or not.

Edited by CaFF

TextureDnB

Did I sound like I had a complete explanation? My apologies.

The way I got my unanimated picture of my cat to take was to get it below 200px in width, width being the larger dimension. It seems there is another parameter at work that we are not informed about as of yet, I was just correcting the "over 200px" that the site says, which is clearly in error. Have you gotten gifs with a larger file size to accept?

It seems like we are just going to have to find the line ourselves maybe?

Could it be a total resolution, like WxH?

Edited by TextureDnB

CaFF

Oh, sorry if I sounded snotty, didn't mean to. It's just frustrating. Gremlin said he'd gotten his approved manually...so that's doesn't help us to figure anything out.

I haven't done much testing really, but as you said something is set to an unknown quantity. I've always seen forum Admin settings have a setting for max size in dimensions and filesize, sometimes possible also to disallow animated files. But that's not entirely the case here.

Without an Admin telling us the precise settings it's just trial and error at this point.

Guest Kaylee

@CaFF - Personal photo max upload file size and dimensions is set to 150px x 150px and 80kb (was set to 50).

CaFF

@CaFF - Personal photo max upload file size and dimensions is set to 150px x 150px and 80kb (was set to 50).

TY for the reply Kaylee! :wub:

One problem though; my animated Av with the falling leaves I posted above should have worked then as it's under both reqs. But, I just tried it again now, and it fails. :huh:

TextureDnB

Thats a hard stop on each dimension or a total pixel count of 25,000? I could swear my kitty cat is 190px in one dimension.

CaFF

Thats a hard stop on each dimension or a total pixel count of 25,000? I could swear my kitty cat is 190px in one dimension.

When I look at the properties of your current kitty image, this is what I see:

NScbr.png

So, either you resized it somehow, or it's being auto-cropped/resized.

My current Av is 140 x 135 pixels and 7.3KB FWIW. :)

Edited by CaFF

CaFF

LOL!...thx to whomever fixed my avatar..that was a bit of a surprise. =)

wapow

on some forums, even though youre logged in and can view posts and threads,

you still see a message saying

"you need to be logged in to view the forums."

somewhere on the top left just above the options such as 'recently viewed...custom' etc

might wanna look into that

Admin edit: We fixed this so it's only seen when someone not logged in attempts to view the member only forums. Cheers for the suggestion. :)

TextureDnB

When I look at the properties of your current kitty image, this is what I see:

NScbr.png

So, either you resized it somehow, or it's being auto-cropped/resized.

My current Av is 140 x 135 pixels and 7.3KB FWIW. :)

No, thats what it is on photobucket too. Guess I decided to split it when tit said 200 when I edited it. Coulda sworn I just made it ten under. Woops.

Covert

i got a bug happens quite a bit i usually catch it but a few have gotten through the most recent was tonight which deathdealer brought to my attentioin

i enter the season x episode number and make bold like below then i add the links right below that

8x06 - REAL

LINK

LINK

and most the time it comes out normal but also quite a bit comes out like this below which is what the final post looks like no big deal as long as a catch it but as it was brought to my attention i miss a few like that one tonight. Which i have fixed now

Edited by Covert

DeathDealer

Edit button saves the day 552Ct.gif

Markgg

i can't seem to change my avatar.i ve tried a few gifs and photos below and above the recommended size.

Admin edit: PM sent.

DeathDealer

150x150 pixels to start, otherwise clear cache (Ctrl+F5) to view the change, because it may not appear to take effect otherwise.

dest2k

since the move the two icons to the left of my username at the very top of the forums are not showing up. I see them every once in a while. not an emergency of course but just fyi.

edit: using ip.board and firefox 8 on win 7

Edited by dest2k

Menace

Just searched for "hobo with a shotgun" in search and got a page with numbers & letters and no clickable links. http://www.dailyflix...__fromsearch__1, but if I take out the search part in the url the page loads fine. We searched twilight in the shoutbox and page loaded fine for us. Dont know what the problem could be just thought I'd bring it to attention :)

KllN4.jpg

CaFF

Just searched for "hobo with a shotgun" in search and got a page with numbers & letters and no clickable links. http://www.dailyflix...__fromsearch__1, but if I take out the search part in the url the page loads fine. We searched twilight in the shoutbox and page loaded fine for us. Dont know what the problem could be just thought I'd bring it to attention :)

If you take off the highlighting part of the URL, it seems to work fine...Odd.

page__hl__%22hobo+with+a+shotgun%22__fromsearch__1

I think it's extra chars in the search string....not sure tho.

CaFF

Something I noticed...could be just me.

if you use the non-BBcode editor, SOMETIMES you can't use the mouse to highlight text. You have to put the cursor there then use shift+arrow keys to highlight.

Seems intermittent though, it just worked now, but didn't on a post 5mins ago. Perhaps it's edits that do it?

BadKarma

Link to "Security Software" subforum leads to Daliyflix.im (blank) page.