Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jump to content
mark8

Bug Report

beekermagik

right click on the image and click copy image location

Do not copy the url in the address bar

3km4Lc1.gif

http://prntscr.com/bwefee

I hope this helps

Since the update on imgur if you right click on image your good to go

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternative - hovering the cursor on the image will produce the link.  Click or tap the dropdown arrow & select Get share links.  Last, copy the BBCode (Forums) link.  Copy that entire link.  It will have img tags in brackets like so http://i.imgur.com/Baaw0rY.png[//img] , all that can be pasted without using the forum image tool.  Or use the forum image tool & remove the tags & the tool will put the tags back in, heh heh heh.

Baaw0rY.png

Edited by DeathDealer
added alternative :-Þ
  • Like 1

pmfscs

thanks beek that did the trick!

• Like 1

Bukcherry

I can see quoted content when I reply to a post but it doesn't appear in quotes .

Also in the update section I cannot access all the responses.

B

Edited by Bukcherry

DeathDealer

I just deleted your most recent status update from July 18 - Having a few problems accessing the site recently.

Try creating a new one & we'll see how it goes.  Maybe get some others to reply.

Your older ones seem fine, so it could just be the mystery weirdness that happens when we come back from stuff like we just came back from.

Quotes are another matter.  I'd really like to see a screenshot of that to see the exact behavior before I go digging into it.  A cache clearing never hurts as well as a restart, if it's been a while for either.  Another thing to try is switching skins/themes.  I'm on Retro DF.  Some skins like to act up on occasion.  Try another one just for snickers & grins.

P.S.  This quote seems fine, scratches head.  However, it is from 2 days ago.  Perhaps quotes went awry after that.

http://board.dailyflix.one/topic/119213-political-pics/page-3#entry560980

• Like 2

Bukcherry

OK here is what I can see  my reply is at the bottom 

6ACnmD2.png

Edited by Bukcherry
  • Like 1

DeathDealer

Everything from a system setting perspective is as it should be regarding quoting posts.  We get these maddening ghosts that only effect individual members when the board comes back from server issues etc.  I know it's a lame excuse, it's really all there is to explain it.  They can have a way of resolving themselves in an odd manner.  Drives me crazy sometimes, but there you have it.

I'd still try changing skins/themes to see if that helps.  Maybe try more than one.

Cache clearing & restart are always something that is good to do as a matter of basic troubleshooting.  If that has not been done, now is the time.  It might help, it might not, tosses coin to watch it flip in the air & see which side it lands on.

Hopefully status message is fixed.  Sometimes we get one hosed up for what ever reason & deleting it makes it better.  Tim probably brokeded it, heh heh.

• Like 2

Bukcherry

Everything from a system setting perspective is as it should be regarding quoting posts.  We get these maddening ghosts that only effect individual members when the board comes back from server issues etc.  I know it's a lame excuse, it's really all there is to explain it.  They can have a way of resolving themselves in an odd manner.  Drives me crazy sometimes, but there you have it.

I'd still try changing skins/themes to see if that helps.  Maybe try more than one.

Cache clearing & restart are always something that is good to do as a matter of basic troubleshooting.  If that has not been done, now is the time.  It might help, it might not, tosses coin to watch it flip in the air & see which side it lands on.

Hopefully status message is fixed.  Sometimes we get one hosed up for what ever reason & deleting it makes it better.  Tim probably brokeded it, heh heh.

OK DD thanks for your time . True all problems just iron out in the end . I can see the update responses now , just not ones from my own update but it's unusual to get so many replies .

I'm in Light DF and I can see quotes now .....

Thanks again "fella"

Edited by Bukcherry
  • Like 1

DeathDealer

Woo hoo, quotes back.

Post a new status update so we can do some replies.

• Like 1

Bukcherry

Done .

• Like 1

DeathDealer

I've added a few replies fella.  You've got some catching up to do.

:argh: :monkey:

• Like 1

DeathDealer

If you want that "test update" removed, just let me know & it's gone.  Or leave it, to each his own.

• Like 1

Bukcherry

DD I hate to tell you back in DF Retro again and I am seeing no quotes again.

What I like about the Retro is the fact it fills the screen . Is it possible to tweak other themes so they do this ?

Edited by Bukcherry

DeathDealer

Skin/theme tweaking isn't an option, sorry fella. IBR DF might be another one to try, it's nearly full sized like retro.  Otherwise, more experimentation with skins/themes is in your future.

• Like 1

Bukcherry

Oh yes , must have missed that one . Nice work fella

Bukcherry

Zika virus is now in the US.

ProfN

I've lost the status updates/what's on your mind/quotations bit down the right hand side of the page (I dunno what that bit of the front page is properly called, sorry!). I've tried a few different themes, I've tried logging out and back in again, I've tried swearing into the keyboard...

Is this just me?

Cheers

• Like 1

Bukcherry

I've lost the status updates/what's on your mind/quotations bit down the right hand side of the page (I dunno what that bit of the front page is properly called, sorry!). I've tried a few different themes, I've tried logging out and back in again, I've tried swearing into the keyboard...

Is this just me?

Cheers

I've got similar issues . Can't see the DF logo and no status updates . 

I've tried eye rolling and blaming immigrants . 

• Like 1

ProfN

Is this just me?

Cheers

I've got similar issues . Can't see the DF logo and no status updates . 

I've tried eye rolling and blaming immigrants . 

LOL! Personally, I use 'eye rolling' as the answer to almost everything my children do, and 'blaming immigrants' when I can't park near enough to the shops on market day!

• Like 1

DeathDealer

@ProfN - Forum operation will flake out when we are in between comptone70.com & dailyflix.one.

When I look at themes/skins offline, I do not experience the issue.  I tried the top three themes in the list:

IP.Board (Default)

IP.Board Style 4.0

CARBON

I checked all 24 themes while logged into the site.  Only two have issues.

1. Memory Mobile DF = no logo, no navbar, no toggle.  This is as it should be on a mobile version.
2. Comfy DF = has logo, toggle works, just nothing displayed (blank).

Not that I don't believe you, it's just difficult to replicate.  And like I said, the forum gets flakey when we go back & forth between the two url versions (as it were).

Additionally, clearing the cache can help too.

The toggle button to reveal the status messages on the right can be a little tricky.  It resides in the upper right corner of the shoutbox title bar, just below the navbar.

I've seen the logo come & go while on comptone70.com. 

I'm sure it'll all work out after we get back to normal.  That's usually how it goes.

• Like 2

Harrier

I have some color issues with my theme.... around the logo etc. BUT.... the site shows me what I want to see and that is the posts etc.

I have had this in the past and it always sorts itself out in the end so I don't let it worry me.

Harrier

And would you believe that it sorted itself out right after I made my above post? :)

• Like 1

Canada4all

Jesus just saw an ant, not sure why im posting this, bug Report!!!

• Like 1

DeathDealer

@ Harrier - niiice.  See how it is?  Weird things man.  Ambles after ants.

Edit Note - should the status updates disappear on anyone, here's the link.

http://board.dailyflix.one/statuses/all/

http://board.comptone70.com/statuses/all/

Shoutbox acts up too, so just open it to a new tab from the navbar.

Edited by DeathDealer
see above note
  • Like 2

StUpId8000

Since the new change the "Followed content" has been very bugged.  Not sure if I'm missing the options or not, but there is no way to filter or arrange them by last post updated anymore.   They just seem to be listed randomly.    All or Digest and that is it. 

phornio

http://board.dailyflix.one/topic/152614-drone-wars-2016/

No post there, just an error report.

frukit
36 minutes ago, phornio said:

http://board.dailyflix.one/topic/152614-drone-wars-2016/

No post there, just an error report.

archived. i'll look for links to post.

Traceydeadhead

The front page has other content overlapping it and the shout box has no scroll bar

kEAoXxv.png

justLiz
2 hours ago, Traceydeadhead said:

The front page has other content overlapping it and the shout box has no scroll bar

kEAoXxv.png

that goes to normal for me if i change the default theme.

• Like 1

DeathDealer

Sorry about that.  Of all the themes to break from the upgrade it had to be the default.  Experimentation with the others will assist in finding a replacement. 

I'm still using the default unless I need to staff the comments, then I just switch to do my work & switch back.

• Like 2

Traceydeadhead

I`ll try another one even though i prefer the default..i hate change lol

• Like 1