Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jump to content
Razzle

The Daily Flix TV and Movie Club!

Razzle

Daily Flix TV & Movie Club

Members Choice Sundays:   7:30 pm, EST.  (Will resume in fall.)

70fa16f9-dc2d-4080-8b54-3815c4409d1c.jpg

This week's choice is a documentary by LiLGremlin

Inside The Mind of Leonardo

Dexter Wednesdays:  7:30 pm, EST.  (Will run through summer if demand is there.)

39c4026a-b933-4113-bfc0-8627bcd328fc.jpg

Dexter

Note: 

Dexter was the winner of the member poll for the show people wanted to watch.  Based on the feedback in the poll thread, we're going to add a variety of programming on Sundays, chosen by DF members.  This is about giving you what you want.  :)

We might be adding shows on other nights.  Stay tuned for more details. 

Feel free to contact me for more information about the DF TV & Movie Club.

Edited by Razzle
  • Like 3

Razzle

These are the choices for the first movie club, on November 17th:

1.) Monty Python and the Holy Grail & The Life of Brian

or

2.) Alien & Aliens

or

3.) This is Spinal Tap & Hedwig and the Angry Inch

or

4.) Pirates of the Caribbean 1 & 2

or

5.) The Dark Knight & The Dark Knight Rises

Cast your votes.

Edited by Razzle

Razzle

Post your comments here, or in the Skype Chat. A decision will be posted in here on Friday. :chairdance:

Edited by Razzle

hXcPete

What in the blue hell is "Hedwig and the angry inch" !?

Razzle

What in the blue hell is "Hedwig and the angry inch" !?

haha It's an awesome movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0248845/

hXcPete

I vote Pirates, we are after all.

• Like 1

Razzle

I'm up for that, Pete, too.. Maybe we can finally figure out what happened to all the rum. :lol: We'll see in the end. There's also a vote for Monty Python from a shy member who messaged me privately. :P The Holy Grail is my all time favourite movie. My vote is for The Dark Knight Rises...but I'll watch anything. (Except Twilight. hehe See...best to vote or that might end up being the choice. :P)

Let's get some other votes, people. There are still a few straws to pull. :teehee:

Once we're established, we could let a member choose a movie each week. It might solve the voting dilemma.

Edited by Razzle
  • Like 2

Razzle

The deadline is approaching. Speak now or forever hold your peace. hehe I will post the name of the movies we'll be watching at midnight, EST...based on the votes I get notified of.

Links will be posted in the Skype group, and on here....so check in as we get closer to start time. Make sure you have your copies downloaded before you arrive.

Come and watch one or both movies. You can join in at any time, if you're already signed up in the Skype group.

Razzle

Pirates of the Caribbean it is! See you at 5 pm EST tomorrow, in the Skype chat. :gtfo: You'll find the links in there.

Razzle

We're still on for Movie Club tonight! Hope you can make it. Look in the Skype chat for further details.

Edited by Razzle

Razzle

This week's Movie Club will be held on Sunday, November 25th, at 6pm, EST.

I was thinking we could either watch the first two episodes of Firefly http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/, and or the first episode of the Sherlock http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/. Speak up, or forever hold your peace. hehe I'll be posting the final decision in the opening post of this thread on Friday. Remember, majority vote still rules...but if no feedback if forthcoming, I'll make the choice. :P

We'll be streaming this event from one centralized host this week, so, you only have to bring yourself. No worries about downloading links. The streaming link will be private, so, you'll have to get it from the Skype chat.

Also, Arnprior will have an announcement regarding a special Thanksgiving Movie Club this Thursday. Watch for it!

Edited by Razzle

EnzoMatrix

Browncoats unite!

• Like 1

Arnprior

Hey you DailyFlixers (Dailers? Flixies? what's the nickname here?)

As Razzle mentioned, we're doing something special for the Movie Club this Thursday (Today!!!).

We'll be broadcasting a Thanksgiving movie at 7pm EST.

So log on to http://veetle.com/in...w#5094365d407ec at 7pm EST to watc HANNAH AND HER SISTERS followed by A CHARLIE BROWN THANKSGIVING.

See you there!!!

Razzle

I like Flixies. hehe Looking forward to it, Arn. :wub:

Razzle

We're going to have another go at Movie Club this Sunday with a movie. We won't start with the TV series until December 1st, because it's Thanksgiving in the US and we might have a low turn out. I want everyone who is going to watch the series with us to see the first episodes.

I thought we might watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail this Sunday.

As to the regular shows, I've boiled it down to four to choose from:

1.) Firefly http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/

2.) Sherlock http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/

3.) Misfits http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1548850/

4.) Farscape http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187636/

I thought we could watch two tv shows a week, staggering the viewings so that people in the UK can watch at least one. Let me know what two shows you want to watch, and the shows with the most votes will be the ones we watch. We'll start the TV shows on December 1st. Post in here, or the Skype chat.

A word of warning....Sherlock episodes are an hour and half long each...so, we'll just watch it if we choose Sherlock.

*We have two votes for Firefly already.

Edited by Razzle
  • Like 1

Arnprior

I haven't read anything in your post except the words Monty Python and the Holy Grail this Sunday.

Nothing else matters. I'm already there.

• Like 1

Razzle

:lol: Bring your coconuts.

Edited by Razzle

Uncle Grandfather
O7AvH.gif
  • Like 1

EnzoMatrix

I recon that'll be shiny

• Like 2

Razzle

Pants are optional. I'm just saying...

Razzle

We're watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail tonight @ 7pm, EST. This Link is DEAD Please report me /video/aufspwjfhsrw

Trailer from DVD box set: “If you’re an intellectual midget, and you like giggling, you could do worse...”

Edited by Razzle
  • Like 1

hXcPete

Anyone else gonna come along to these? It's been turning out more like a date between me and Raz than a 'movie club' haha and we all know what happens at the end of the third date ;)

• Like 2

Razzle

:P

The road to HELLO is paved with good intentions. hehe

I expected the last two weeks would be slow, Pete. I know there is interest here...so, I hope more people will start turning up for the club, or it might go underground again. Don't be shy, peoples. :bag:

EnzoMatrix

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me. :please:

• Like 1

Razzle

Movie Club this Sunday: Sherlock s01e01, and Firefly s01e01. See the opening post of this thread for more details.

Be there, or be square...or octagonal. Whatever turns your crank. :P

Edited by Razzle

Razzle

Sorry...I accidentally posted Sherlock's s02e01 in the opening post. I've since amended it to s01e01.

Edited by Razzle

EnzoMatrix

So what's the plan this week? :woot2:

Razzle

Same bat time, same bat channel. :P See the opening post of this thread, or check in the chat.

Hope to see you there.

EnzoMatrix

I never would have noticed the very beginning of this thread had you not pointed it out. For a lot of threads that catch my eye repeatedly, I just jump to the most recent post.

Additionally, *cough, bump, cough*.

Razzle

That's amusing because I mention the opening post quite often...but our eyes see what they want to see. hehe Selective vision. Happens to me, too. :P