Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info. Jump to content
jackson

Rate the last movie you watched

jmarcroyal

Annihilation: 8/10

It was a pretty good movie, it had some mystery, an interesting plot, some horror, some gore, some beautiful scenery and overall its worth watching. Its not without its flaws, and it wont win any awards, but I enjoyed it. 

Black Panther: 8.5/10

For a Marvel movie, it was pretty good. the acting was ok, the effects were good, the fights were good. For what it is, its a good movie. That said, theres definitely a "kill whitey" vibe going on. 

• Like 3

whiskers

Diverge ( 2016)

Done on a low budget with props but the filming and actors are great. Storyline is engaging and the movie overall is great but right after the climax scene there are a few unanswered questions that leave one hanging but it doesn't ruin it for the viewer but would be better if wrapped up before the end.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3321470/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

IMDB gives it a 4.5

it's better than that.

6/10

• Like 2

justLiz

Titan (2018) 6/10.

i liked it, good plot i think. Sam Worthington being the main cast is a plus (for me). it gets a bit over the top at some point but that's easy to overlook. all in all it's worth seeing .

• Like 2

airwolf36

Ready Player One (2018) 4/1.

I read the book twice and listened to the audiobook weeks before the movie was released. I knew they couldn't get everything from the book in the movie due to licensing and time constraints but I feel they took too much "creative license" in changing the story line. For those who didn't read the books, the way they portrayed it was a good action flick. I personally feel that they could have developed the character's stores better if they did a "Hobbit" and make three movies to make it possible for a deeper story line. A "Copper Key" movie, a Jade Key" movie, and a "Crystal Key" movie. I know that would draw it out but that's just my opinion.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

whiskers

12 Strong (2018)

Music was really B movie grade....it got anoying. 3 familiar movie stars put in acceptable but not noteworthy performances. I made it through the whole thing but as far as watching it ever again that will never happen.

4.5 outta 10

• Like 2

zoro1

Laura (1944) - 10/10

Laura is a suspenseful film noir with twists, turns, great music, and brilliant performances. The second act of the film turns everything thought thus far on its head.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

justLiz

the Commuter (2018).

first off i like Liam Neeson. with Liam Neeson movies, i think it's like with Bruce Willis movies, Arnold movies, Stallone movies and even Nicholas Cage movies. if you like the actor you like the movie (even though he's always pretty much the same action hero kicking everybody's ass).

having seen most of Liam Neeson's movies, this one isn't worse than others, the plot is not bad. doesn't compare to Schindler's List or even the Grey, but still it's worth a watch. like i said i liked it.

• Like 2

zoro1

A Farewell to Fools (2013) - 7/10

This a good movie that is only hindered by a few scenes that drag on too long. After a Nazi is found dead in the village, the Nazis want the 10 top officials of the village to be executed at 5:00 AM the next morning if the killer doesn't come forward. The officials try to convince the village "fool" to take the blame, but later events show who the real fools are.

• Like 4

cal
Posted (edited)

The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (1974)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071431/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A Dept. of Agriculture pest control experiment inadvertently brings the dead back to life. 

A fun and surprisingly well made, if cheesily scripted, zombie movie.

7/10

"You're all the same, the lot of ya, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth... and you hate the Police!  Don't ya?"

Edited by cal
  • Like 2

Bukcherry

You Were never Really Here (2017)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5742374/

I was really expecting to like this but at this stage in the game really felt like this was tired and formulaic , it's a bit Kill List and just seems to tap into so many movies where the central character is damaged . It just goes right for the obvious themes , war veteran , PTSD , extreme violence and of course saving kidnapped children to justify it all . 

Kill List did it better a few years ago in a much more disturbing movie , Phoenix is a great actor and he pumped himself up for this role but he always just seems the same in everything , always playing some piece of shit of one kind or another , his concave chest does make him look extra weird in this . 

I just came away with the feeling I had seen it before . 

4 / 10 . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

justLiz

Wildling (2018)
this reminded me of Carrie for some reason. a worse one at that. the movie is very slow dragging in the first half. it's supposed to be scary and it's not. it's supposed to be mysterious and it's not. Liv Tyler is beautiful but really can't act.

seen that this movie is rated 7 on imdb (oddly enough), but i'd rate it probably between a 4 and a 5.

• Like 2

Quarryman
On 4/8/2018 at 1:12 PM, Bukcherry said:

You Were never Really Here (2017)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5742374/

I was really expecting to like this but at this stage in the game really felt like this was tired and formulaic , it's a bit Kill List and just seems to tap into so many movies where the central character is damaged . It just goes right for the obvious themes , war veteran , PTSD , extreme violence and of course saving kidnapped children to justify it all . 

Kill List did it better a few years ago in a much more disturbing movie , Phoenix is a great actor and he pumped himself up for this role but he always just seems the same in everything , always playing some piece of shit of one kind or another , his concave chest does make him look extra weird in this . 

I just came away with the feeling I had seen it before . 

4 / 10 . 

Really enjoyed Kill List (There's something about Maskell - just watched Wild Bill and he's great in that, too). I'll check this out purely for JP's performance but with dampened-down expectations. Thanks for the review.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quarryman
3 hours ago, justLiz said:

Wildling (2018)
this reminded me of Carrie for some reason. a worse one at that. the movie is very slow dragging in the first half. it's supposed to be scary and it's not. it's supposed to be mysterious and it's not. Liv Tyler is beautiful but really can't act.

seen that this movie is rated 7 on imdb (oddly enough), but i'd rate it probably between a 4 and a 5.

Thanks Liz. Carrie would be difficult to top. Plot seems intriguing and LT :) so will have to check this out.

• Like 2

justLiz

Thor (2011) 7/10.

seen this on fast forward some time ago, now took a little more time to watch it properly. i liked it, though i really am not in Chris Hemsworth' s fan base. that long blond hair is just awful to look at, i understand that the Gods are blond and all, but still, good God. Natalie Portman is playing the  smart and beautiful scientist but is obviously dumbed down by her attraction to Thor's blond hair. that awful hair.

other than that, great movie, lots of action, great plot, like i said, i liked it :)

• Haha 1

rotor

You guys know me. You know I only ever say beautiful things about beautiful people. Thats why this is gonna hurt.

Shandas River 2018 is a steaming pile of sick. Garbage even for film school.

Blessings, by the by, this did lead me to rewatch The Exorcist 3. Its totally different than the first, but ITS AMAZING, IMHO.

Shandas River    2/10

Exorcist 3    8/10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

justLiz

Truth or Dare (2018)

this was surprisingly good, pretty scary actually. it has some similarities to the Ring. i'd give it 5 or 6 out of 10.

• Like 2

Bukcherry

The 12th Man (2017)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3300980/

Loved this movie , a Scandinavian film about the survivor of a sabotage mission on a Nazi ship . The copy I saw had hard coded subs. 

Gripping stuff and really reminded me of those epic war movies from the 70s , well made and amazingly well shot . Really a great survival / action film .

9/10 

12mannkritikker-1000x600.jpg?fit=1000,60

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

kwacka

Death Wish................Utter Shite. I was looking forward to this because Eli Roth was in charge. Someone has neutered him

3/10

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

kwacka

12th Man...........straight  8/10.   best film i have seen this yr  bar none.

This is what filmmaking is about. Miss this  and you have missed  a top top film

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

justLiz

Need for speed (2014)  7/10. i'm crazy about movies involving street racing and this is no exception. great action, great cars. Aaron Paul not one of my favorites but still doing some decent acting. movie has some very cheesy moments throughout but nothing that can't be overlooked.  loved Michael Keaton. all in all a good movie i think.

• Like 1

Freewheel

Red Sparrow  7/10

Decent cold war thriller out of its era. They made a halfhearted attempt to explain that away, but then go full speed ahead like it is the 1970s.  It has all the traditional ingredients. Hotel rooms, secret meetings, assassination, blackmail, sex, but don't expect a lot of shootouts. Its a slow burner just like all those spy films of the 70s. I liked it.

• Like 2

jmarcroyal

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom : 9/10

Very enjoyable movie. The story was good, the visuals were fantastic, there was some great suspense and horror moments in the movie. I might be biased because Im a big fan of the series, the first movie being an all-time favorite, but I think this movie is a must see. 

Super Troopers 2: 8.5/10

The first movie is a cult classic. If you didnt enjoy the original, well, im not sure where you'll stand with this one. For me, I thought it was freakin hilarious. It lived up to hopes and surpassed my expectations. Spark one up and sit back and prepare to laugh. You dont really need to have seen the first to enjoy this movie, the stories dont really connect but some of the character references and callbacks are great. 

• Like 2